Web Tool 2.0 - Calm App

     The Calm app is an app used for sleep and meditation. It is promoted as a way to achieve a happier and healthier lifestyle through meditation. The app has sleep stories, music, and meditation that help calm your brain. 

    This app is huge on promoting positive mental health. What else can a social worker ask for? This app can be used for social workers themselves to help prevent a burnout. Stress comes with the career of social work. But it doesn't have to be so bad if we have proper tools to help us deal with it. The Calm app is one of the best tools to help deal with stress. Being able to turn off our minds and just breathe is so important and this app helps us do just that. Not only is this app great for social workers, it is great to be able to recommend to our clients. Everybody can use a helpful tool to help us relax and the Calm app is it. 

https://youtu.be/nbW2LNU7nH8

Take a Deep Breath: Free 3-Month Trial of Calm Premium for Xbox Game Pass  Ultimate Members - Xbox Wire


Comments

  1. Hello! I never knew this app existed. I personally struggle with getting overwhelmed and can't sleep, so I will definitely be looking into this app specifically for the benefit of the sleep stories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of this before, it’s a super cool app and very informative. You did a super great job explaining everything and your blog is awesome! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always wanted to try meditation but have never known where to start. I briefly, sometimes, will google how to mediate (sad I know), but never follow through! I might actually download this and try it out as meditation is an amazing way to lower cortisol levels (stress hormone)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sabrina, thank you for sharing the Calm app! Oddly enough I learned about this app during my cancer journey and it was very useful! I ended up sharing it with caregivers at my job to prevent burnout as you mentioned as we work in home health care with the elderly. We also spoke to our caregivers about using it with their clients, especially those suffering from Dementia and the feedback was very positive. Great job on presenting by the way!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Technology Blog

Chapter 6 - Building Your Connected Learning Community