Good/Bad Website Smackdown

Good - https://www.indeed.com

Bad - https://southjersey.craigslist.org


The two websites I chose for my good vs bad website smackdown are Indeed.com and Craigslist.org. I chose Indeed.com as my good website because it is easy to navigate, has a clear purpose, and is safe. Indeed.com is a great way to find a job. It has thousands of job opportunities and most are easily to apply. As someone with little knowledge in technology, it can be easy to navigate and find job opportunities. Indeed also provides a review and rating aspect that a lot of other job websites do not include. You can read and leave reviews for different companies based on employment. This can help determining if a job is good for you. Indeed also includes resources for those looking for employment. They have resume tips, interview advice, and career development articles. 

The bad website I chose was Craigslist.org. I chose this as an example of a bad website mainly because of its format. As soon as I open the website I am immediately overwhelmed and unable to navigate anywhere. Craigslist is an example of a bad website because there are safety concerns. There are many listings on Craigslist which are scams or fraudulent. There have also been many crimes related to the website due to meeting strangers for transactions. The website is extremely outdated and unappealing. This creates an unfriendly user experience. Overall, I believe Craigslist is an unappealing and bad way to search for job or service opportunities. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technology Blog

Web Tool 2.0 - Calm App

Chapter 6 - Building Your Connected Learning Community